After four years at Thistle Park, Saints were on the move
again, this time to Westmarch. The ground was very close to Thistle Park on Greenhill Road and also near to the location of
the current St Mirren Park.
The first match
played at Westmarch was on the 25th August 1883 when the, then, mighty Queens Park came calling and were sent home with a
Over the 11 seasons at Westmarch
Saints played in 54 competitive matches, including the newly formed Scottish League Championship which started in 1890.
They won 28, lost 20 and drew six of the matches, scoring
159 times and conceding 114.
The final two matches played at Westmarch produced an amazing 23 goals!!
On the 17th February 1894 Dundee left on the back of a 10-3 defeat in the leaue and a few
weeks later the final match was against Abercorn in the final of the Paisley Charity Cup and saw Saints cruise home 10-0.
St Mirren Park
On 8th September 1894 Celtic were the visitors
for the opening match at St Mirrens new home on Love Street. The Glasgow giants showed no generosity to the occasion and left
with a 3-0 victory.
For the next 115 years St Mirren Park remained the home
of St Mirren FC.
More commonly known as Love Street, it was the spiritual home
of the club and it was with much emotion, that in 2009 Saints played their final match at the old ground.
Love Street will always have a deep rooted place in the history of the club.
For more information on Love Street, click
on the name above.